Dishwashers can work without failure from 8 to 10 years. But, there are also breakdowns, among which may be the lack of water heating. This is due to a malfunction of the heater. The device is simple, so you can replace the heating elements in the dishwasher on your own.
Causes of heating element failure
Most often in dishwashers brands such as: Bosch, Ariston, Electrolux, Candy fails due to overheating. Manufacturers and specialists recommend installing flow filters and voltage stabilizers on the dishwasher: they are necessary for long-term and safe operation. Hard water in the pipes contributes to the formation of scale. Heavy lime deposits get stuck on the internal parts of the dishwasher, including the heater. To avoid this, filters are used and special salt is added. Uneven line voltage requires the installation of a stabilizer. This device will protect the electronic part of the equipment from burnout. If the heater fails, it can not be repaired, only replaced.
How to make sure of the breakdown.
Modern models “Bosch”, “Electrolux”, “Indesit”, “Ariston”, “Siemens” are equipped with a diagnostic system. As soon as the electronic board notices the failure of the dishwasher, it immediately displays the error code on the display. But, if the error is not displayed on the screen, first check the temperature sensor:
- Disconnect the bottom (for the embedded model) or the back panel (for the stand-alone dishwasher);
- A thermal sensor (round element) is located above the heating unit;
- Inspect the part at the time of burning or damage;
- The electronic part (contacts) of the sensor ring
Types of heaters
Depending on the brand and model of the dishwasher — Siemens, Indesit, Hotpoint Ariston — the heater can be:
- Continuous. Water passes through the heating tube, instantly reaching the optimum temperature.
- Tubular. A spiral heats the water.
How to replace the heater
Prepare replacement parts. You may need a new heating unit, as well as a thermal sensor in the event of a malfunction.
The tools that will be needed:
- slotted and Phillips screwdrivers;
- multimeter tester.
Start disassembling and replacing parts. The sequence of works:
- Disconnect the machine from the communications, remove the plug from the outlet.
- Open the door of the tank, remove all baskets and trays.
- Pull up to remove the lower beam.
- Unscrew the drain filter. Behind it can be located metal mesh, remove it.
- There may be water in the landing tank. Remove it with a sponge.
- Unscrew the five bolts securing the circulating pump.
- Place an old blanket or towel, turn the machine on the back or upside down.
- Remove the decorative bottom panel.
- Disconnect the bottom — it is fastened with screws or latches. Some models come without a cap. A float sensor can be attached to the bottom if the Aquastop is provided. Then unplug its wire and unscrew the fastening screw.
- On the side of the heater, a drain pump is connected, grab it with your hand and twist counterclockwise.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the pump.
- Disconnect the rubber clip that holds the heater.
- Disconnect hoses, wires and connections.
- Remove the defective TEN.
Do not use a faulty wire for rework or insulation. If the insulation is broken in the wiring, it is better to immediately replace it with a new element. After installing the new parts, conduct a test run of the machine. As you can see, you can make a replacement by hand. Take care of the dishwasher, then the damage will bypass the dishwasher.